Borden Park Natural Pool will be open for the Season on July 11, 2018.
The first public, natural pool will open on Wednesday in Edmonton. Bundle up the kids, grab a picnic and sand toys (yes, there is sand to play in while you visit the pool) and visit Borden Park to experience the new swimming pool.
There are no chemicals used in the pool and the experience is similar to swimming a clear lake, without the sandy bottom. For younger children, the experience doesn’t have to leave you worried about what you’re exposing their skin too, and for older children, the chemicals won’t cause their eyes to sting as they play underwater.
The Borden Natural pool also tops our list of free things to do with kids this summer in Edmonton, as it’s one of the five outdoor pools in Edmonton that is free for the entire 2018 season.
Here’s what you should know before you go
- As the pool is natural, patrons should avoid using sunscreen with phosphates before entering the pool
- There is sand to play with, so bring along the sand toys from home but be sure to rinse before getting in the pool
- Shade is available through the form of large patio umbrellas, and beach chairs are available at the poolside
- Use this link to learn about pool closures and hours
Find Borden Park Natural Pool at 7615 Borden Park Road NW
Latest posts by Raising Edmonton (see all)
- Things to do in Edmonton with Kids | October 19-21 - October 16, 2018
- Things to do in Edmonton with Kids | October 12-14 - October 10, 2018
- You Can Bring Your Kids to an After-Dark Glowstick Walk that’s Going to Light up the Night on Oct 20 - September 30, 2018