Opening March 23, 2019 – Iconic Edmonton landmarks rebuilt as tree-houses for young children to explore. Inspired by the city we call home and will give our children (Ages 8 and under) a sense of place and will replace the current Discoveryland playground.
You’ve got until February 18th, to enjoy the current play space, at which time the space will close to make room for the new design!
Two fixtures will remain in the playground, the water play table and the airplane. We’re glad to see these two elements stay, and we can’t wait to explore the new Edmonton themed play land for children under the age of eight.
The signature CuriousCITY experiences include:
- A series of connected “treehouses” themed as iconic Edmonton buildings and bridges.
- Children will crawl through sedimentary layers in the river valley.
- Direct airplane traffic at the YEG airport.
- Explore vegetation in the Muttart Conservatory.
- Create lighting displays for the High Level Bridge.
CuriousCITY will increase our capacity for this younger audience, while providing an environment to help them grow intellectually, emotionally and physically.
What are you most looking forward to in the new area for children to play and experience at Telus World of Science?
Photo: Telus World of Science