Does your child love animals? Do they love crafts, games, and making new friends?
Edmonton Humane Society’s Humane Education department offers week-long day camps throughout the summer that are aimed to provide a memorable and educational experience that will have a lasting impact and create fond memories. Camps are geared for children ages 5 to 12.
The day camp features parent-friendly aspects like early drop off and late pick, included in the cost – meaning that it’s easier to keep camp drop-offs and pick-ups between 8 am and 5 pm.
What does the week at camp look like?
Campers will spend time with different species of animals, experience a behind-the-scenes tour of the shelter, learn about training and behaviour, veterinary work, animal enrichment, what goes on at the EHS, and more!
Each day will have a different theme, such as Shelter Helpers, Animal Crafting, Feline Fanatics, Jr. Dog Trainers, and Small Animals.
Children on our team have attended this camp twice, and have asked to go back again and again. It’s one of those camps where there’s a great mix of activities, and it’s a new experience every single time they go. From the interactions with the animals, to the teaching that comes with it, and the fun crafts and new friends, it’s a hit in our house!
Upcoming Edmonton Humane Society Camp Weeks
- Week 2: July 9th to 13th
- Week 3: July 16th to 20th
- Week 4: July 23rd to 27th
- Week 5: July 30th to August 3rd
- Week 6: August 7th to 10th (4 day camp)
- Week 8: August 20th to 24th
- Week 9: August 27th to 31st
This post has been brought to you by a partnership between Raising Edmonton and the Edmonton Humane Society.
Latest posts by Raising Edmonton (see all)
- Things to do in Edmonton with Kids | October 19-21 - October 16, 2018
- Things to do in Edmonton with Kids | October 12-14 - October 10, 2018
- You Can Bring Your Kids to an After-Dark Glowstick Walk that’s Going to Light up the Night on Oct 20 - September 30, 2018