It’s family day this weekend, and there are so many things to do with the kids in Edmonton. If you haven’t had the chance to explore the Royal Alberta Museum, it’s one of nine sites around the province offering up free admission to celebrate Family Day.
Spending time with family and friends is the most important part of Family Day. I can’t think of a better way to do so than exploring the many amazing places in our province. Free admission to heritage sites and museums makes Alberta’s culture and history accessible for everyone.
Ricardo Miranda, Minister of Culture and Tourism
Albertans love their provincial parks and the opportunity to connect with nature. This Family Day, Alberta Parks is thrilled to once again offer free, family-friendly activities. A provincial park is an hour away or less from most communities so I encourage everyone to get outside, enjoy the outdoors and make memories.
Get Free Admission to Royal Alberta Museum
We expect large crowds on Family Day, so here are a few tips to help you make the most of your museum visit:
- Please enter the museum through the East Entrance (on 97 street) and exit through the West Entrance (99 street), so any lineups can be indoors, where it’s warm!
- Download our online visitor map to your phone to plan your route between galleries.
- There is no parking onsite, however there are several public parkades, and surface lots within a walkable distance of the museum. Plus, street parking is free all day! Find information on parking in the downtown core here.
- Also, you can easily access RAM via the Churchill LRT station through the underground pedway, as well as several bus routes. Plan your transit trip using the ETS Trip planner, or by calling 311.
- Final entry will be at 4:30 pm.
- Regular admission prices resume on Tuesday, February 18.
How are you spending family day with the kids? Find the full Family Day guide featuring what to do in Edmonton with kids, right here.