If you have an old car, then you should know that as per state regulations, it could well be declared scrap by the state, if it is well beyond its ‘sell by date’. So if you have an additional car sitting in your Garage, then you may well consider the various options for getting rid of it. You may also want to realize the fact that there is a time cap beyond which you may not be able to get much for it, which is why you need to check out the rest of the post.
- Sell it to a dealership: If you are looking to get rid of your old car right away, then the best option would be a dealership. Most dealerships are on the lookout for old cars, which they can ‘retune’ to look like new cars. Search online cash for cars in Wellington, and you should get a better idea of what dealerships are all about. They would end up repackaging your old cars as brand new ‘lemons’, which are bound to have a complete breakdown in six months or less. While some dealerships are professional enough, you can bet your last dime that most try to make a quick buck and pull a ‘fast one’.
- Sell it on your own: If you know your way around cars, then the best option would be to sell your car on your own. There are various options that you can choose from when it comes to getting cash for cars. By selling your car on your own, you can now look forward to getting a fair rate, one that’s on equitable terms rather than dealerships and quick scams. You can try websites like craigslist and Facebook marketplace to post ads for free and sell your car for some honest cash.
- Trade it in: If you are not that keen to sell your old car, then you can opt to trade it in for a slightly older model or even a brand new one. The good part about trading it in is that you need only pay a reduced amount, and the better condition your old car is in, the higher the discount.
- Selling your cars online: While this may sound a tad corny, the fact is that you no longer have to deal with car inspections, dealerships but instead make good use of online car selling platforms like Carvana and Vroom. One of the neat things about these sites is that you can sell your cars online with ease. All you need to do is to register online, confirm and verify your address. After which, you need to accept an offer and once you do, the staff would be more than happy to visit you, at a convenient time, to pick up your car. And after a quick assessment, you would be paid on the spot. It’s that easy.
- Donate it: If you are not interested in either selling your old car or trading it in, you can then always try and donate it to some non-profit organization. What makes this option attractive is that you can even utilize the donation as a tax write-off, which you can use to lower your tax as the IRS will allow you to claim tax deductions.
These are some of the ways that you can get rid of an old car with little difficulty.