When it comes to bathroom upgrades, bathroom vanity installation can make a significant difference in both aesthetics and functionality. Double sink vanities not only add a touch of luxury to your bathroom but also offer practical benefits for shared spaces, like the Willow Cambridge collection. Whether it’s for a master bathroom or a busy family bathroom, a double sink vanity allows two individuals to use the sink simultaneously, reducing morning traffic jams and promoting a harmonious environment.
In this guide, we will explore five expert tips for installing a double sink vanity successfully. From careful measurements to choosing the right vanity and ensuring proper plumbing, these tips will help you make informed decisions throughout the installation process. Let’s dive in!
Tip #1: Measure Carefully
Accurate measurements are the foundation of a successful double vanity plumbing installation. Before you start shopping for your vanity, take the time to measure the available space in your bathroom. Consider not only the width but also the depth and height of the area where the vanity will be placed.
Here are some tips for precise measurements:
- Use a tape measure: Measure the width and depth of the space, ensuring you account for any obstructions like baseboards or molding.
- Measure the height: Measure the distance from the floor to the top of the countertop or the highest point of the vanity. Ensure the height is comfortable for all users.
- Consider clearances: Leave enough space between the vanity and other fixtures like the toilet and shower to ensure easy movement.
Tip #2: Choose the Right Vanity
Selecting the right double sink vanity is crucial for both functionality and aesthetics. With a wide range of styles, sizes, and materials available, it’s essential to choose one that fits your bathroom space and meets your needs.
Consider the following when choosing a vanity:
- Size and layout: Take into account the measurements you obtained earlier. Choose a vanity that not only fits the available space but also allows for easy movement around the bathroom. If the size of the bathroom allows it, you may want to consider 80 vanity double sinks.
- Style: Choose a vanity that complements the overall style of your bathroom. Whether you prefer a modern, traditional, or rustic look, there are numerous options to suit your taste.
- Material: Opt for durable and water-resistant materials such as solid wood, plywood, or moisture-resistant MDF to ensure your vanity stands the test of time.
- Countertop: Consider the material of the countertop, such as granite, marble, quartz, or solid surface, based on your budget and preferences.
- Sinks and Faucets: Select sinks and faucets that not only match the vanity but also provide the functionality you desire. Wall-mounted faucets can save counter space, while vessel sinks add a touch of elegance.
Tip #3: Ensure Proper Plumbing
Proper plumbing is essential for the smooth functioning of your double sink vanity. If you are renovating an existing bathroom, it’s crucial to check the current plumbing and make any necessary adjustments.
Follow these tips if you are wondering how to install a bathroom vanity:
- Consult a plumber: If you’re unsure about the plumbing requirements, it’s best to consult a professional plumber. They can guide you on the correct placement of pipes and drains.
- Drainage: Ensure that the drains are appropriately positioned to avoid any potential clogs and backups. It’s essential to have proper slope and venting in the drain system.
- Water supply lines: Check the water supply lines to ensure they can accommodate the additional sink. You might need to upgrade the existing lines to provide adequate water flow to both sinks.
- Shut-off valves: Install individual shut-off valves for each sink to allow for easy maintenance and repairs in the future.
Tip #4: Consider Storage Needs
A well-designed bathroom vanity should not only look great but also offer ample storage space for your bathroom essentials. Consider your storage needs and lifestyle when selecting a double sink vanity.
Here are some storage tips to keep in mind:
- Drawers and cabinets: Look for vanities with a mix of drawers and cabinets to organize your toiletries, towels, and cleaning supplies efficiently.
- Shelves and dividers: Adjustable shelves and dividers allow you to customize the interior space based on your storage requirements.
- Medicine cabinets: If you need extra storage for medications and small items, consider installing medicine cabinets above the vanity.
- Space-saving features: Some vanities come with clever storage features like built-in organizers, pull-out trays, and tilt-out drawers that maximize space utilization.
Tip #5: Hire a Professional
How to install a double sink vanity? It can be a complex task, especially if it involves plumbing and electrical work. While some experienced DIYers may feel confident handling the installation, hiring a professional can save you time, stress, and potential mistakes.
Here are the benefits of hiring a professional:
- Expertise: A professional contractor has experience installing bathroom vanities and can handle any unexpected challenges that may arise during the process.
- Time-saving: Professionals can complete the installation more quickly and efficiently than a DIY project.
- Code compliance: A professional ensures that the installation meets local building codes and regulations.
- Warranty and insurance: Reputable contractors often provide warranties for their work, giving you peace of mind in case of any issues.
Installing a double sink vanity can transform your bathroom into a more functional and stylish space. Remember to measure carefully, choose the right vanity, ensure proper plumbing, consider storage needs, and, if necessary, hire a professional for the installation.
By following these expert tips and taking the time to plan carefully, you can achieve a successful double sink vanity installation that enhances the beauty and functionality of your bathroom for years to come.
Remember, the investment in a high-quality double sink vanity is well worth the joy and convenience it will bring to your daily life. So, take your time, do your research, and enjoy the process of creating a beautiful and functional bathroom space with your new 80″ double sink vanity. Happy remodeling!