The AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals certification exam proves your profound knowledge of Azure security and privacy, Cloud concepts, Azure workloads, Azure services, as well as Azure support and pricing. Upon the completion of this test, you will be awarded the Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals certificate that opens doors to a variety of entry-level IT positions. In this post, we are going to discuss the peculiarities of this qualifying exam and why it is so valuable for beginning your professional journey in the Azure domain.
Who Should Go for Microsoft AZ-900 Certification Exam?
The target candidates for the AZ-900 exam are required to possess basic knowledge of Cloud services and how they work with Microsoft Azure. The test is intended for the professionals who are making their first steps in the domain of Cloud-based solutions and services. Besides that, this exam is an ideal option for those who have some level of experience with Cloud computing but do not possess practical experience with Azure. It also suits those on-premises Systems Administrators or Architects who are planning to transit into the Cloud-based role. Finally, this test can be taken by the individuals who do not have a clear idea of what specific role they want to take up.
What Details Are Included in Microsoft AZ-900 Certification Exam?
The MS-101 : Microsoft Azure Fundamentals certification exam consists of around 40-60 questions that can be administered in various formats, including case studies, short answer, multiple choice, mark review, drag and drop, and hot area, among others. The time allocated for the completion of the test is 1 hour. The candidates need to score 700 points or more to gain a ‘pass’ status. You can sit for the exam in one of the following available languages: English, German, Korean, Spanish, Indonesian, Arabic, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Italian, French, Portuguese, Japanese, or Russian. The cost of taking the test is $99, which applies to a single delivery of the exam. In case you fail your first attempt, you will be required to pay another fee to retake the test.
What Benefits Are Associated with Microsoft AZ-900 Certification Exam?
The AZ-900 exam is one of the most popular Microsoft offerings and there are good reasons for this. Let’s have a look at what advantages come with this certification test:
- Firstly, the AZ-500 can be taken by the individuals with non-technical backgrounds. Even if you have no or little experience in Azure or Cloud computing, you can still apply for this test.
- Secondly, you get validation of your foundational-level knowledge around Cloud services, which provides you with a competitive edge over your non-certified peers.
- Thirdly, with the MS-700 : Azure Fundamentals certification added to your resume, you can enjoy increased career opportunities.
- Fourthly, it enables you to earn more. As estimated by Glassdoor.com, the average salary for a certified individual is about $110,000 per year.
- Lastly, this certification can serve as a foundation for earning some advanced-level Azure certificates.
If you are looking for the best way to kickstart your Azure career, the Azure Fundamentals : Microsoft Azure Fundamentals exam is the perfect place to start. This foundation-level test doesn’t require much experience and advanced knowledge, but the benefits that it brings can hardly be overemphasized.