Back to school – it’s here, but that doesn’t mean the fun of the summer has to stop. September has a variety of festivals, things to do and see in Edmonton with the kids and activities you can do to make the most of the wonderful fall weather in Edmonton.
Here are some of our favourite things to do in Edmonton, with kids, in September:
1. Spend an afternoon decorating a Halloween cake for the family as part of the Kids PC Cooking School class.
2. Check out half price admission day at Devonian Gardens
3. Float a Lantern at the pool at City Hall as part of the Mid Autumn Lantern Festival
4. Tour a Fire Station open house. Climb in a fire truck, meet a firefighter and see the space in which they work
5. Visit the UofA campus for the Alumni weekend and enjoy the festival and a drive-in movie, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off – it’s $15/car and there are food trucks and fun for families.
6. Get free admission to many of the City of Edmonton facilities, on free admission day
7. Make a lantern at a Lantern Making Workshop, downtown.
8. Spend an evening at the Up, Up and Away movie night. It’s a free event where you can watch a movie outdoors, with entertainment and fabulous showhomes to tour
9. Visit the Callingwood Cornfest on September 10th
10. Check out a fire station open house
11. In the mood for some play time with the siblings that aren’t yet in school? Check out our list of free play groups and drop in play times for Edmonton and area, for little kids
12. Head out to Elk Island for one of the Dark Sky Campfire events and see the stars in a new light
13. Visit Weinerama, the Daschund Festival
14. Mark your calendar for September 25th, it’s free admission day for Edmonton places like John Janzen, Rec Centres and so many more – it’s a great time to check out what the city has to offer, for free!
15. Watch ‘Finding Dory’ outdoors (to be moved inside if the weather doesn’t agree)
16. Take a kids cooking class at PC Cooking School
17. Take in cool exhibits and fun family-friendly activities at the Kaleido Festival
18. Spend an evening listing to Disney music, with Symphony in the City
19. Go to the zoo for FREE and celebrate Red Panda Day
20. Check out the new weekend day camps at the Edmonton Valley Zoo
21. Register for October’s Home Depot Kids workshop, the free Lego Build and check out an Ivivva kids fitness class for three free weekend activities for local kids
22. Explore the Sherwood Park Natural area and capture some fall leaves and treasures on the way
23. Free hot dogs and face painting at Cy Becker’s ‘Picnic at the Park‘
24. Swim for free, to celebrate the grand opening at Emerald Hills Aquatic Centre, in Sherwood Park
25. Check out one of the fall harvest festivals in Edmonton and area
Photo: Explore Edmonton
You may also like
The Most Common Types of Cybersecurity Attacks
How to Court an Older Lady: Main Rules of Flirting in the Modern Tech World
How To Avoid Inaccurate Estimates For Any Construction Project
7 Popular feminized Marijuana Seeds and Their Benefits
Staying Safe, And Having Fun On A Family & Pets Day Out In Edmonton