Edmonton Drive in Movies are one of this year’s best ways to experience movies on the big screen, without any of the potential risk of heading out to an indoor activity with the family. Self contained in your own vehicle, you can enjoy the movie, bring your own snacks, ore one enjoy on-site food trucks at the fun drive in event.
Edmonton Drive in Movies 2020
RIEL Drive in Theatre
When: August 8, 2020
What’s Playing? Gone in 60 Seconds
Movie Under the Stars
When: August 14, 2020
What’s playing: Big Hero 6/Mulan/Spiderman or Coco (Vote Now!)
FREE Stony Plain Drive in
When: August 20, 2020
What’s playing: Missing Link
Edmonton Garrison Drive-in
When: August 21, 2020
The Meadows Drive-in
When: August 22, 2020
The Meadows Drive-in
When: August 29, 2020
FREE Drive in Movie Night in Ridgewood
When: September 26, 2020
As additional Edmonton Drive in Movie nights are announced, you’ll find those right here. Stay tuned and get your tickets for the drive-in and enjoy a movie night out with the kids this summer!
Our tips for Enjoying Edmonton Drive in Movie with Kids
- Check whether there are access points to bathrooms at the drive in. If there isn’t make sure that kids go before you leave (and we like to limit the drinks during the movie to reduce the need to go to the bathroom!)
- Pack snacks! Pack lots of snacks for the kids to enjoy during the drive in. Not only does this save money on the experience, but it reduces the contact that you’ll have this year, standing in line for concessions or at a food truck!
- Bring blankets, wear pyjamas. Make the experience a comfortable one! Let the kids wear pajamas and bring blankets and pillows to get cozy while the whole family enjoys the drive in movie.
- Pick the right movie! Choose the right movie. The right movie is going to make sure the kids stay engaged and interested through the whole thing. We try to skip movies the kids have seen before, unless it’s something that I know they’ll watch through again.
- For the smallest of your crew, bring other things to do, in case they get bored of the movie. That way, everyone else in the family can still enjoy the show!